Old August 20th 08, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Bunyip Slayer

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

wrote in message
news
Jim Logajan wrote:
Dudley Henriques wrote:
It's instruction 101 for the instructor to
evaluate and ascertain the personality of the student as the student's
personality will interface with their flying. If this is done
correctly, the student's "personality" is molded and/or changed as
necessary to develop into what is needed to have the student do
exactly as you have said they need to do after leaving the instructor;
continuing the learning process. That process exists for the "pilot"
all through their careers in aviation.
On the other hand, if the instructor fails to instill whatever
"personality" change is needed during the time of exposure with the
student, the student will become the "driver" we are discussing.

Hey - how did this on-topic subthread get in this thread!? I demand a
refund!

Anyway, you are probably correct, but I'm always a little suspicious of
anything that suggests changing of "personality". Sounds like a mistake
some people make when they get married. ;-)

I have to agree "personality" is a **** poor choice of words.

"Attitude towards learning" is the shortest I can think of that might
be more appropriate.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.