Old July 10th 07, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Default flaps

Kobra wrote:

Now I had to get home. I called my mechanic and he said it could be many
things (it wasn't the breaker). He also said I was a complete wimp (he used
a different word that began with a p) if I couldn't land that plane without
the flaps on our 3,500 feet of runway.

He called you a pimp? :-) :-)

Anyway...how many different things can cause this? Where should I start
looking?

A failed switch. A burned out flap motor. Etc.

I also recommend that everyone do some no flap landings each year.

No flap landings are really non-events. You got way too worked up over
it. I'm also surprised that you kept ignoring all of the signs that the
flaps were inop. This is a good lesson though and one that didn't cause
you any harm and one that you will long remember. Whenever things feel
different, find out why ... don't just keep plodding along.

Matt