Old December 4th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Greg Esres[_2_]

Default ATC-pilot User Groups

This tour was arranged with a simple phone call, and was not a
special
event or scheduled open house.

Did the same thing about 10 years ago at ZFW. Good experience.

I'm discussing the issue with a controller presently, but I'm
envisioning an on-going process, such as meeting every two months or
so. I'm not sure if the entire pilot population should be invited or
only the "opinion leaders", such as flight instructors, flight school
managers, etc, people who have access to large numbers of pilots.

I see this as a two-way process. Controllers need to be educated
about pilots just like we need to be educated about controllers. If
there are problems, together we might be able to work out solutions
satisfactory to both parties.

I also see perhaps a web site devoted to controller/pilot issues.

Thanks