Old September 14th 04, 05:33 PM
Bill Hale

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message ...
"Otmar Bender" wrote in message
Where can I find information about Displacement Gyros?
I do have several avionics books,but in non of the books is the term
Displacement Gyro. I know that it must be something like a DG or VG , and
it measures a Displacement. What is it used for?
--
Otmar Bender
email:

Many aircraft have a Directional Gyro, which is commonly referred to as the
"DG". I've never heard of a displacement gyro.

I believe a displacement gyro is a position gyro to be differentiated
from a rate gyro like a turn & bank or turn coordinator. So the horizon
and DG would be likely displacemnt gyros. The more common name is "Position
Gyro."

Bill Hale