Old March 7th 05, 11:49 PM
Eric Greenwell

BB wrote:
I have run in to problems sharing a pitot between ASI and Cambridge
302, resulting in several very frustrating days at Hobbs one year where
it seemed as if I had forgotten to thermal. Separate pitots for the two
instruments solved the problem. Luckily, I have a tail pitot and a nose
pitot so each can have its own. The 302 seems particularly fussy about
having its own pitot and static sources however.

Based on my experience with my 302, I don't think it was the 302. On my
ASH 26 E, I went from a tail mounted TE feed to the 302 to using the ASI
pitot/static (electronic TE) with no detectable change in ASI or 302
operation. Just guessing: perhaps your connection involved a leak, or
maybe the 302 was not happy using a nose pitot and a TE probe and static
at the rear of the glider.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA