Old October 27th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default landing a 737 on a grass strip

Richard Riley wrote in
:

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 23:31:19 -0700, James Sleeman
wrote:

On Oct 27, 6:33 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
don't make a dent in the nation's air traffic. Nobody is landing
737s on grass strips.

Yes, they are.

I've done it.

Do tell. It'd have to be a pretty hard packed grass strip I'd have
thought?

I've seen one operate on gravel, I haven't seen it on grass.

Well, it'd be a stretch to call it either, really!

Actualyl some of the paved strips we operated off of there were worse thna
the unpaved ones.
One was paved on half it's length and the bump you got when you hit the lip
in the transition was bone jarring. It wasn't as bad as th pothole shortly
after it, however.

Bertie