Old May 31st 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval

Default Defense against UAV's

Airyx wrote:
Therein lies the problem with a UAV, the radar system ignores it
because its too slow.

That lasts only as long as it takes to recognize the potential threat
that little, slow UAVs could pose. I can't imagine that developing a
new algorithm to pick out non-avian flight patterns would be that
tricky. I doubt that there are many birds that follow as linear and
consistent a flight pattern as your average UAV, and a cheap
lightweight UAV won't be able to spoof the behavior of a seabird.