Old July 4th 03, 03:43 PM
Bart D. Hull

Andre,

I believe turbo-charging is a good solution to your problem. I have
specifically looked into altitude compensation with my system that
I have setup on my Subaru 2.2l.

I have seen the electric blowers on EBAY but I don't believe you will
see the pressure that is developed with a turbo.

Considerations with a turbo setup.

1. Additional weight
2. How much boost? (Too much and you will ping your engine to death.)
3. How to add additional fuel to match boost (IE EFI system or carb)
4 If your using a carb are you going to use a blow through or suck
through system.
5. Timing may need to be reduced dependant on boost to avoid ping.
6. Waste gate or pop-off valve to limit boost.

--
Bart D. Hull

Tempe,Arizona

Check
http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/engine.html for my Subaru Engine
Conversion
Check http://www.inficad.com/~bdhull/fuselage.html for Tango II I'm
building.

Andre wrote:
How about RAM air?
Is that even worth considering?

"Andre" wrote in message

I operate off an airfield with a ground elevation of 5327 feet ASL.
Obviously my engine (VW 1835cc with Zenith Carb) feels the altitude
somewhat.
I am thinking....
Would Turbo charging help?
What about an electric blower to increase manifold pressure maybe?
Or how about a NOS system?