Old July 4th 03, 07:31 PM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:46:52 +0200, "Andre" wrote:

How about RAM air?
Is that even worth considering?

Ram air is not effective at low speeds.

"Andre" wrote in message
I operate off an airfield with a ground elevation of 5327 feet ASL.
Obviously my engine (VW 1835cc with Zenith Carb) feels the altitude
somewhat.

Just somewhat?? :-))

I am thinking....
Would Turbo charging help?

Probably turbonormalizing...It's not as hard on the engine and would
give you take off power at 5300. With a carb it get a bit
complicated as the carb needs to be in a pressure box.

What about an electric blower to increase manifold pressure maybe?

Not familiar with them.

Or how about a NOS system?

NOS needs a rather healthy mixture to begin with (As I recall it helps
with cooling)...I'm not sure about the higher altitude effects.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)