Old April 29th 20, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bad Aviation Films

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 1:37:01 AM UTC+10, Dan Marotta wrote:
Since we've had favorites, how about bad ones?

Someone mentioned Top Gun.Â* I thought that was horrible.Â* Yeah, there
was eye candy for both of the only two real genders, and there were a
bunch of great shots of aircraft, but the story line was total crap.

So for one of my favorite bad aviation films, I nominate:Â* Jet Pilot
with John Wayne, Janet Leigh, and believe it or not, Mamie Van Doren.

Dan, 5J

Top Gun was a favourite film to show if there was a rainy day at an aerobatic competition in Australia. Many of us pilots knew the dialogue by heart and would chime in on the lines. The favourite line was "He's in a flat spin and heading out to sea!" We all know that when you are in a flat spin, there's only one way you are heading - and that's DOWN!
John