Old April 30th 20, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Bad Aviation Films

On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 16:36:01 -0700, markmocho53 wrote:

The favourite line was "He's in a flat spin and heading out to sea!" We
all know that when you are in a flat spin, there's only one way you are
heading - and that's DOWN!

I think the Director was thinking of all those Frisbees he heaved into
the surf as a teenage beach bum. Thought it would make a good movie
scene, but substitute an F-14. In Hollywood, anything is possible.

I'm a little surprised that "Hot Shots" and the "Airplane" series haven't
been mentioned, or don't spoofs count?

BTW, I thought "The Right Stuff" (the movie - the book is great) was
pretty much a spoof too - especially the scene where Ole Chuck, on a
horse, ambles round the X-1, which is sitting in the desert with nobody
else around, with flames coming out its rear end. Such a likely scene.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org