Old August 4th 03, 07:08 PM
Steve Dold

On 3 Aug 2003, Victor wrote:

For those of you who decided to overhaul your engine. What made you
spend the big buck?

My first overhaul was at about 1800 hours and the oil pressure was
low. It also used a lot of oil.

The second one was an O-200 that had 200 hours on it, On a routine oil
change I found aluminum in the oil screen from disintegrated piston pin
plugs. The screen collapsed and filled the bearings with oil, causing reduced running clearances.
This required complete dissasembly and repair. Luckily there wasn't much
wear to journals, cam, etc.

Once I did a top overhaul (replaced with Milleniums) because the blow-by
was causing overheating. It was using about one quart in four hours, but
the overheating was a problem, I was amazed how much difference it made,
the oil temps dropped over 30 degrees after the cylinder replacement.

Say NO to useless over-quoting! Just quote a few lines to get the
point across, not the whole goddamn thing, OK? Thanks! :-)