Old March 22nd 16, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Power Flarm Display

On Monday, March 21, 2016 at 9:04:28 PM UTC-7, K m wrote:
Readers,
Was wondering what pilots are doing for Flarm displays. Ive used an LXNav Flarm View for years but with the upgrades to SYM it seems a dedicated screen is redundant. I am in the process of off season maintenance and will probably ditch the Flarm View display unless I can figure out what it does that See You Mobile does not.
Don't want to turn this into an argument about how safety and modern technology makes for bad pilots. Ive noticed many people running SYM opt to not install a separate display. Whats the logic behind this.
Thanks

I have a Power Flarm and no dedicated display. Any warnings are called out in loud, clear voice warnings by the Butterfly Vario, and also shown on iGlide. Traffic that is not a collision threat is always shown on the iGlide screen. I don't see what a dedicated display would add. I would worry a bit if the only warnings were voice warnings from a tiny little PDA speaker. The voice warnings are the best part of the system.