Old December 6th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Lone Woman Takes on World's Top Men in NZ Grand Prix

I'm at a loss to understand why the soaring community still makes the
destinction between men and, (not girls as noted above), but women
pilots. As Ms Pedersen points out, she is not physically limited from
doing as well as male pilots which suggests that the sailplane does not
know the gender of the pilot flying it. Clearly thermals, mountain
wave and other forms of lift don't know the difference. The only
qualification to fly at this level of compition should be having won
previous competitions. I don't understand why women don't see making a
gender distinction as condensending although I'm sure I'm about to be
so informed. Well, flame away folks!