Old September 26th 17, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

Default Smart Phone Contest Sailplane Tracking

Tom:

My setup is fine. I have my phone mounted on a plastic stalk in free air.

To see how often you really are sending data. Open one of your IGC files from IGCDroid in a text editor or program editor or a spreadsheet. You will find mostly B records which are the log points like this:

B2014193350894N11220607WA0180501804

The first part of the record is the log time. In this case 20:14:19 zulu.

Whenever data is successfully sent to glideport a comment record is included in the file indicating a successful send like this:

LPLT::SND

(note that other "LPLT::" comment lines do not relate to data sending)

So you can look at the B record above the SND tag to read the actual time of your successful sends. Not to be argumentative Tom, but If you actually take a look at one of your files, I think you're going to be surprised that there are significant gaps related to coverage -- especially when you're off flying in the mountains.