Old January 24th 18, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default How Many Clubs Still Have A 1-26?

Yes S o F, I think you might be right. When I first moved down here to FL and joined a club telling the guys I was a 1-26 driver, I got a few sneers and many stories of the dismall performance of 1-26's in general. The day I brought my ship out to the gliderport, I got alot of "wooo....ahhhh's", and a number of members after taking a little spin in my ship, came down with big smiles on their faces lol. The next week when I went for a little 140 mile run while the glass guys were afraid to leave the field, all of the sneers finaly disappeared lol.