Old May 18th 05, 04:13 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

John Clonts wrote:
My manual agrees on the best angle 72 (at MGW, 3800 lbs) as listed in the
Takeoff Distance table; and agrees with the clean 97 knots best rate in the
Rate of Climb table. But I don't see any specific reference for best rate
dirty of 80 or best angle clean of 75. Does your manual specify that? Or
are you just citing your experience and practices?

My manual (for a 1976 Centurion) specifies the clean V speeds (both of them) on
the first page of the normal operations section. It doesn't come right out and
say what the dirty speeds are but I've extrapolated them from the normal and
high performance takeoff procedures published in the same section of the manual.
For example, it says to establish an 80 knot climb before you raise the gear for
a normal takeoff. I may not be exactly on the money for the dirty best rate but
I should be pretty damned close.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE