Old July 28th 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Angelo Campanella

Default What is a good desktop Simulaor?

angelo Campanella wrote:
You can do that in the configuration. You can also set autorudder so
that the
sim handles the rudder for you, if you wish.

Can't find auto rudder. I set rudder sensitivity to zero and maximized
the dead band. Now the rudder is numb. Yoke right-left serves to steer
on the ground.

Later: Bent on a "kill or cure mission, I tore into the Wingman
joystick. Ths base cover was as rugged as ever, but I discovered 4 more
screws on the stick itself, 2 on the side and two in the stick bottom.
This came apart in a most complex manner to show the rudder pot insde
the middle of the stick. About the same time, the bottom popped off!.
Seems that a collar in the base has snags onto the base core. Anyway,
The rudder pot, I find, is scratchy but improves with a lot of
recycling, so I reassembed all (miraculously), and I now have
passable(?) rudder action, and I can fly the plane now.

Furthermore, now I can't get my home town airports any more. Seems that
half the important airports in Ohio are now Missing.

I did a 100% removal and re-install, and that seemed to get airports
back. Now for some practice finally.

More later.

Ang. C.