Old August 16th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_1_]

Default Becker vs Microair

On Aug 15, 6:56*pm, wrote:
We have had a Microair on our plane. *It has never worked properly, in
spite of two returns to the factory. *We don't bother anymore. 'Nough
said.

Cheers, *Charles

I sell both MicroAir and Becker Radios and Transponders. I have had
a MicroAir Rev N in my glider for 3 years with no problems, except a
Push to Talks switch that was corroded., no fault of the MicroAir. The
early MicroAirs did have problems mentioned above. MicroAir changed
hands several years ago and I beleive have been extremely active in
solving any problem they encounter with their products. I talked to a
customer yesterday that sent several Beckers his club had back to
Germany for repair. He stated he would never again buy a Becker
product.

MicroAir has a US service center Erie Aviation.

I think both radios are acceptable, the MicroAir is less expensive and
smaller.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com