Old April 19th 10, 06:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_9_]

Default SR-71

"John Szalay" wrote in message
42...
"Canuck" wrote in

Hmmmm....curious/strange. I went and had a look and you are right. My
foggy memory failed me. The A-11/YF-12A nosecones were different but
not like what is present in that image. It almost seems like an
intermediate morph between the A-11/YF-12A and the SR-71.

The other possibility is that someone bent it.

Nick

Attachment decoded: YF-12A.jpg
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01CADF55.58129EF0--

This photo is the YF-12A and the chine mod is for the ASG-18 fire
control radar. to insure directional stability for the chine being cut
three small fins were added to the rear of the underside of the YF-12A

So, I did get it right. I guess they tried a number of different chines/nose
cone profiles before they settled on what is the more familiar one from the
SR-71.

Neat.

Nick