Old April 10th 04, 01:15 AM
Richard Riley

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 15:37:51 GMT, Ernest Christley
wrote:

:In fact, every place you look that sells epoxy says that every
:formulation is the perfect solution for everything. Just a lot of noise
:and practically no signal. I go to the EAA meeting and mention "resin
:system" and really get noise. If you try this, be ready to duck the
:flak from those supporting epoxy vs vinyl ester vs polyester vinyl vs
:chicken soup soaked paper napkins. I get the impression that very few
:know anything other than what their kit specified, and are arguing from
:the 'my choice must be the best, else I'm an idiot' perspective.

Talk to Gary Hunter, of Gary Hunter Composites in Houston, Texas. The
last email I have for him is gluegaru (at) earth (dot) net. Another
one I have is gary (dot) hunter (at) resins (dot) com but that one is
older and my not be good anymore. Do the obvious replacements to
despamify.

"Gary is an Epoxy Resin Chemist for Shell Chemical Company, with over
26 years experience formulating and using epoxies in various end uses
throughout the industry."