Old August 19th 08, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default Uvalde wrap-up

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message news:dAAqk.275$
Though, I have to admit, I have several of those "switches", giving me a
greater opportunity to have one set in the wrong position. A single lever
control like the Antares has to be the gold standard.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

Be happy with your "complicated" multiple switch set up". Dave "YO
electric" is treading on thin ice (or air) here, as having a single switch
will surely result in pilot boredom and cause the pilot to feel less useful,
no longer needed. It is a dangerous step towards eliminating the pilot
entirely (see previous UAV thread).

My recommendation is to install lots of additional switches and knobs in any
unused portion of the instrument panel, even if they are not connected to
anything. This will bolster pilot confidence and feelings of self-worth, as
well as impress onlookers.

bumper
zz