Old June 29th 04, 03:00 PM
Bernardz

In article ,
says...
On July 6 Soviet forces had some success despite Finnish 6th Division's
support of 18 artillery battalions and one heavy battery. Soviets were
thrown back following day and their counterattacks at 13:30 and 19:00
did not succeed. By July 7 focus of attacks was already changing to
Vuoksi and Soviets started transferring their best troops to Estonia to
fight the Germans. By July 9 Soviet troops no longer attempted
break-through despite smaller fighting continued.

From the Russian point of view they had secured Vyborg despite some
German assistance. The area moved into a sideshow to the main military
effort taking place in the south.

The die was already cast for the Finns that ultimately forced them to
sue for peace in September.

--
Logically we attempt to devise reasons for our irrational behaviour.

Observations of Bernard - No 62