Old December 4th 03, 03:53 AM
R. Hubbell

On 3 Dec 2003 17:08:17 -0800 (Dan Thomas) wrote:

The guy in rural North Carolina is right. Living in the boondocks
means making less money, but other things more than make up for it.
I'm in rural Alberta, Canada. Paved and lighted 3000' airport. I
bought an old hangar for $1000, gravel floor, doors that work. Lease
on the land is 100/yr, taxes are $75. So $175/yr works out to
$15/month. Airport's 2 1/2 miles from home. I can bicycle it. I work
there, too.
But it needs new metal roofing. $500. Almost as much as some of
you guys pay for a month's rent. Awful, ain't it?

Dan

Ok I like the prices you pay but how often does weather become a limiting
factor? Can you ride your bike year round to the airport?
Okay, sorry I think I know the answer. But since you're runbing it in
I figured you should at least let us know how often you can fly.

R. Hubbell