Old April 25th 05, 03:49 PM
Dylan Smith

In article , Chris wrote:
Its not just a question of the price at the pump but the cost of the mile.
This goes a long way to redress the balance between the cost of petrol and
the taxes. Besides by using at a slower rate, perhaps fuel will be available
longer.

The future won't be a hydrogen economy (I reckon) - it'll be a diesel
economy. It's much easier to convert the diesel infrastructure to use
non-crude oil based fuel than it is to move to a hydrogen economy.

We already run our glider club's vehicles on waste cooking oil from one
of the pubs (it does have to be cleaned first - but the 'refining'
process uses a tiny fraction of the energy that the fuel gives - and the
oil would otherwise just be burned or thrown out if we didn't use it to
power our diesel vehicles).

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net