Old March 27th 15, 09:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Doe

Default German-Wings Copilot "one of us"?

In article ,
, says...

I'm very much saddened to have just learned the Andreas Lubitz, the28-

old who deliberately seems to have flown the A 320 into the mountains
started flying in a Glider Club (Montabaur). He was still a member and
renewed his glider license in 2014 that he had since his teenage-years.
If confirmed, this mass murderer is a stain on what we all believe is a
brotherhood of ethical and morals-driven individuals. Using Occam's
Razor, the explanation given by the French prosecutors this morning is
highly likely.
I'm further troubled that this horrible act ended precisely on what
the French call "Le Parcours", a much beloved mountain range that
allows fast and long North-South glider flights along the French Alps.
I had a wonderful glider vacation in Barcelonnette, a couple of km
from the crash site. This is all very sad. It must multiply the pain
of the survivors of those on board.

Herb

Depression, just like religion, is a terrible and horible thing. There
were no survivors.

--
Duncan.