Old December 12th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default Parachute 20 year limit

On Dec 12, 4:13*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
There has to be a story there, also JJ .............tell us more.
FB

Not much of a story, just a couple of Lieutenants trying to learn how
to fly the damned thing. I learned to worry *more about aviating and
less about the *radar. My pilot learned he shouldn't try to pull 6 G's
with the power at idle! We punched out at the last minute and
everything worked as advertised. They issued us another bird and we
finished up our recee training and got an all-expense-paid senior trip
to south east asia.
JJ

JJ,

Was that in F-100, F-101, F-105, or F-4? Or something else?

And what extras were you afforded with a "senior" trip to SE Asia?

By the way, my Strong chute is a 1987 model. And, since it's a round
'chute, I'll get a-round to sending it to Strong in late winter ...

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA