Old November 16th 16, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cookie

Default Schweizer 1-34 Tail Tie Down?

We had a NEW tail wheel bracket installed on that 1-34...there is no hole for a rope or bolt or anything...nobody has the heart to drill a hole into the new bracket...the mechanic didn't want to either...

Cookie

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 5:32:52 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 4:09:44 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
The manual is a bit vague on what fixture is used to tie down an SGS 1-34 tail. Almost every single seat Schweizer I can remember has some sort of eye bolt in the lower empennage area. What's the scoop with a 1-34? I'm not near the gliderport and the question came up in our club newsgroup.

p3

Hole through the tail wheel bracket accepts tie down ring or bolt.
UH