Old January 5th 05, 05:34 AM
G. Sylvester

On a different note, Q317 from the FAQ asks if it's possible to insure a
homebuilt. I hadn't really thought about "if," it always just seemed like a
given to me that you would do it, as for a car.

this is off topic but was bored one night and had on some TV show where
the soup up some old car so it barely resembles the original. Got me
thinking about how car insurance agencies would handle a car outfitted
with a PDD (primary driving display) and a side stick rather than
steering wheel. I don't plan on building it but it would be the
equivalent of a Cirrus or Lancair cockpit but in car. I think it
would be pretty cool but a single avidyne would cost more than most
cars. Whatever. Just a hypothetical stupid thought that will
never happen and couldn't care less if it did happen.

Gerald