Old April 22nd 06, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default tailwheel endorsement

Jose
That is one that can have even the FSDO arguing among themselves! I'd
feel comfortable with the solo endorsement and the required logbook
solo endorsement as a specific tailwheel endorsement to meet the
qualifications you refer to. Then you can get some FAA hotshot who "has
all the answers" tell me I'm all wet......and in return I'll refer it
to an FAA attorney who comes up with another opinion that agrees with
me, etc, etc.
Are you up against a particular problem with this? The student will
have to have an additional endorsement for solo in the nosewheel
aircraft as well so its kind of a moot point don't you think?
I'm still doing a fair amount of tailwheel training and recurrency
training in a variety of aircraft like Citabrias, Maule, Twin Beech,
C-185, etc. Tailwheel is what I started in over 50 years ago.
Cheers
Ol Shy & Bashful
CFII/RAM