Old May 26th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

Default $1500 Cash Reward

Mxsmanic wrote:
kontiki writes:

I'd rather live in place full of only 'good' people, all of
whom own firearms than a place with one 'bad' person with
a gun and all the other 'good' people have none.

Fortunately, that type of choice rarely has to be made.

However it is the goal of so many politicians in this country
to attempt to completely disarm the populace (for a number
of varied and even self serving reasons). However they
fail to grasp the fact that, by definition, criminals do
not obey laws so only law abiding people would be disarmed.

There are also several instances where, in period of crisis
and widespead lawlessness (hurricanes, riots) the businesses
and homes protected by individuals with firearms were the
only ones not looted.

Like it or not, you must accept the fact that your property
is is only yours if you are capable of keeping someone else
from taking it. In times of calm and prosperity we relegate
the task of protecting ourselves and our property to a police
force. When the SHTF though it will only be the individuals
themselves to assume the responsibility as there will not be
enough police to go around. One is either willing and prepared
to accept that ultimate responsibility or one is not.