Old June 24th 07, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter Clark

Default KAP 140 trouble

On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:26:53 -0500, "Dan Luke"
wrote:

Thanks for your input. I'm looking for help asking questons when I see the
avionics shop guys tomorrow.

Yea, unless there's a block from the back of the T into the KAP140
(since unlike the 172 the 182 plumbs it off the back of the main
static system) there are only two things it could be, the computer, or
the pitch servo. Since it holds vertical speed modes fine, then it
seems that there's A) in fact no blockage since it wouldn't be able to
process the proper vertical speed, and B) no problem with the
pitch/trim servos. From what I can tell, they really should have just
ordered you a new KAP140 computer by now. I've not run into this
particular problem with the KAP140 but have gone through enough servos
and AP computers that this would be the only logical item left. King
sends them out without requiring the core be returned first when it's
a warranty claim. It should take about 1.5 hours to install,
including resetting the roll offsets and loading the new cert files
when the computer arrives.

Good luck.