Old December 2nd 14, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default Friedrichshafen 2015. Then where to?

On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 10:43:02 -0800, Terry Pitts wrote:

On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:38:49 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, December 2, 2014 1:11:03 PM UTC-5, Terry Pitts wrote:
...Wasserkuppe is neat because it's the birthplace of our sport.
Aerotow only.

They were running a winch when I flew over a few weeks back...

They do occassionally run a winch, but it's not the norm in my
experience.

That's what they told me a few years back as well. It was just like
visiting a different UK club: I rocked up at the office after spending
the night in one of the hotels, showed log book and medical and got sent
out to the flight line for a check flight in an ASK-21. That went OK, so
I offered a flight in an ASK-23 (single seat early solo type, not as nice
as an SZD Junior IMO - never seen one before) and towed off the hill for
a really nice flight. Not been back since, unfortunately.

FWIW, my German is middling to poor.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK