Old December 9th 15, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Which 18m FES sailplane to buy?

I have many hours in the 15m Discus 2 and the 18m is not much different - rally superb handling and very forgiving.

I have a few hours in an early HpH 304 and while it flew and handled well, I did not like the parallelogram stick. I found it did not harmonize well with the aileron control. The Discus 2 is to me a much better sorted ship.

I have quite a bit of time in the Ventus 2bx, also not too different from the 2cx. It's basically a flapped Discus!

Can't comment on the Lak.

It's all a matter of personal taste.

Mike