Old July 27th 16, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA (Results, reports, media...)

Sean

If your using Glide Track take a look at the bottom info ribbon which gives a report on the status. I have found that if I launch the app too soon it will report "cold" before launch.

I launch app as I am buckling on chute and place phone in side pocket. While loitering before start I give it a glance to make sure it is "active". If it says "cold" or " not moving" I "stop" and then repress "start".

We are accustomed to activating spot and InReach some considerable time before launch but glide track doesn't like sitting idle.

Lane