Old December 15th 18, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

Default PowerMouse vs Power Flarm - Updates by March? hardware/software -ADS-R, TIS-B

Daryl,

I'm still a bit confused about SIL=0 , SIL=1 and SIL=3

1) SIL=0 means that it will not trigger the ADS-R or TIS-B. Only FLARM with ADS-B will see these targets. ATC will not

2) SIL=1 (TABs system TN-72 attached to Trig). This will trigger ADS-R and TIS-B ... will ATC controllers also see us?

3) SIL=3 FULL 2020 ADS-B Out compliant.

Did I get this right?

I'm still wondering if option 2) the TABS system will allow us to be seen by ATC and get clearances to transit restricted or CLASS B,C airspace. If not, I'd have to go for the more expensive TN-70 ... full compliant.

Walt Rogers