Old August 19th 04, 12:26 PM
SelwayKid

(Hennie) wrote in message . com...
Rocky,
We love your stories.
Please tel us another one.

Regards

hennie Roets

South Africa

Hennie
Voetsok with the stories!! Passed Kroonstad many times enroute to
Welkom when I worked for Astra Helicopters at Rand in Germiston. That
was a job that allowed me to see South Africa in its entirety. Doing
contract flying for ESCOM and way leaving for the power lines. Got to
see the country top to bottom, coast to coast. Even flew the Radio
HiVeldt traffic watch with Ollie in the earliest days with a Bell 206A
model. Barely enough power to carry him, the radios and me up there at
6000 ft but it was fun.
Even so, the money was only enough to pay the rent and food plus a few
incidentals. Hasn't changed all that much since 1974 has it?
Cheers -Rocky