Old November 30th 03, 09:16 PM
Roy Smith

Jeff wrote:
Watch out for those controllers, they sometimes have a tendency of doing
wierd things. I know one guy who got a non-standard hold on his checkride

On my checkride, I had just intercepted the localizer for the ILS when
the controller cancelled my approach clearance and told me to do a 360
to allow faster traffic to pass me. Amazingly enough, as I finished my
turn and rolled out on my original heading, the CDI was just centering
and I completed the approach like nothing had happened. :-)

Sometimes it's good that wierd things happen on a checkride. The
examiner wants to see that you can roll with the punches. If ATC throws
you a curve and you handle it in stride, it make him feel good about you.