Old October 13th 12, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
cernauta

Default Qn: Italy, Ultralight aerotowing

The law currently allows only the towing of ultralight gliders, with
ultralight planes.

The experiments were ok even with ballasted Standard class gliders,
but the rule has been revised in the last few years.

Some of us are, in facts, exploring the legal feasibility of towing
gliders in Italy with a German registered microlight. I wouldn't bet
my money on this.

aldo cernezzi
www.voloavela.it

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 15:49:00 -0700 (PDT), BergfalkeIV
wrote:

Hello,

can one of our Italian friends advise on the situation regarding aerotows behind Ultralights registered in Italy?

-is it permitted, regulated ?
-are there specific documents in addition to certification obtained in country or Origin (for example Slovenia)
-are there set requirements for the tow pilot?

I have seen reports of this having been done, but would like to find out the legal situation.

many thanks

V. Mazis