Old October 13th 12, 10:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BergfalkeIV

Default Qn: Italy, Ultralight aerotowing

Thanks, Aldo.

I was expecting an answer from you!
Do you know if the restriction comes from the ultralight legislation or the glider legislation?
Are there specific grounds for which Italy reasons differently to Germany known?

Let me make the question more provocative:

Would it be possible to operate an I-reg ultralight to tow a German glider:
i. In Italy
ii. Outside of Italy, in Germany perhaps.

Would the problem be overcome if there is a "Permit to fly, sometimes used to overcome gross weight issues, with the associated problem of a PPL license required?

http://www.pipistrel.si/news/virus-s...tf-600-kg-mtow

thanks again,

Vassilios