Old July 25th 13, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Wheel brakes

Uncle Fuzzy wrote, On 7/25/2013 5:37 AM:
you know what I think would be awesome? A wheel brake on a German
glider that actually worked well. I know, I know, I'm way outside the
box here, but it HAS been done. The G103 wheel brake, that highly
sophisticated collection of motorcycle and airplane parts stops with
authority. just sayin'

Schleicher has put Cleveland disc brakes on their gliders since at least
1984, when I got my ASW 20 C, and they work beautifully. Too bad you
missed out on "Awesome!" for three decades, but it's not too late to buy
one now!

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl