Old September 15th 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Airplanes and Brakes?

Ol Shy & Bashful wrote:
How about you? If you had to pay for the brakes, tires, and
maintenance, would YOU beat up the airplane?

Now that I have to pay for my own brakes, I hardly ever use them. Back in
my Cessna days, I'd occasionally have to use them to tighten a turn during
taxi (thanks to Cessna's bungee arrangement). With the Piper's direct
linkage, I almost never use them for taxi. On landing, traffic permitting,
I just let the plane roll out and slow down on its own. The only exception
to that would be when landing at short backcountry strips. Most don't afford
the luxury of a long roll out.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)