Old October 18th 04, 03:19 PM

C J Campbell wrote:
: There are no FARs governing what constitutes instruction time. The CFI logs
: instruction whenever he thinks he is giving instruction, no matter what seat
: he is occupying. There is not even a requirement that the CFI be on board
: the airplane. Whenever the CFI gives instruction, he must endorse the
: logbook of the student and note what instruction was given. The CFI logs PIC
: whenever he gives instruction, whether he is able to act as PIC or not. The
: CFI does not require a medical at all if someone else is able to act as PIC.
: Otherwise the CFI requires only a third class medical; this is not a ruling,
: it is in the FARs. It has nothing to do with whether the CFI is being paid
: as a pilot.

Very concisely sums up what I was thinking. It's apparently one of those
things where I search like hell to find a pertinent regulation, only to discover that
there isn't one.

Thanks,
-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *