Old October 19th 04, 06:52 PM
Michael

"C J Campbell" wrote
Michael did not quote the whole regulation. Nevertheless, I suppose some
twit could make a case that you cannot give a BFR, complex, or high
performance endorsement in a Bonanza or, for that matter, do any instruction
except instrument training.

If you had made it down to Houston before the last FSDO shakeup, I
could have introduced you to that particular twit. He was a bigwig at
our FSDO. It was also his position that checkrides are not to be
given in an airplane with a throwover yoke - not even instrument
checkrides. Really he didn't want to see ANY instruction going on
with a throwover yoke, but he couldn't stop instrument instruction
because the part of the reg I didn't quote made it so cut and dried.

Michael