Old May 28th 04, 04:10 AM
Lennie the Lurker

Robert Ehrlich wrote in message ...
Lennie the Lurker wrote:
It's not a game for the average wage
earner, and I'm not willing to substitute soaring for life.

But it doesn't depend on what you are willing, soaring IS life :-)

Life for the last two weeks has been trying to avoid the $%%&&$#@
phone because out of 200 applicants for a machinists job, not a damn
one of them can do the work. 4 hours monday, six tuesday, four
yesterday, five today. I'm supposed to be retired, not just tired.
That's 200 applicants for an $18 per hour job, easy work, and no
qualified people except retirees that, like me, don't want to work.
Humor though, half of the applicants are either people with
engineering degrees, or business administration. Neither of which
helps when the job is pulling handles and turning cranks. Which I
would like to be doing with my OWN projects, not somebody else's
repair job.