Old January 26th 05, 01:12 PM
Bob

The "noise" could be coming through the connector and could be emitting
from the wires.

Try using a connector with a metal housing and backshell and wires with
shields, terminate the shields to the connector backshell/housing which
will ground to the chassis.

The other end of the wires, try to terminate their shields where they
connect to.

Aircraft environment is not the same as home environment. Different
applications different techniques.

jcpearce wrote:
As a pet/learning project I made a data aquisition unit using an 8051
microprocessor and an EPIA M motherboard running a variant of Linux

process and display the information. It all works but the EMI from

the
EPIA M causes way too much noise to the aircraft radios. I have tried
shielding the whole device in an aluminum case with very little
improvement.

Any ideas on how to smother the EMI or some other small motherboard
which may not have as much an issue (as a test I took my portable
aviation radio and within 6' of any my home computers the same occurs
which gives me little hope)

Thanks