Old September 20th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Default SRA Poll

"noel.wade" wrote in message
OK, time for a total newbie (to competition) to chime in...

I'm eager to take my skills
and experience and try competition, but I have a full-time job and
would like to own a house or a condo someday; so you're not going to
see me buying a high-dollar ship or traveling all over the country
anytime soon. I believe that I'm not alone in having limited time and
money to devote to the sport, even though it is my biggest passion.

Sounds like you should take a look at what we have done in the Southeast.
The GTA race series. (Georgia, Tenessee, Alabama was the origination, but
Florida and SouthCarolina show up sometimes)

Many races over the season, various venues, simplified rules, and an "A"
(experienced) and "B" (Newbie) class with mildly less ambitious tasking for
the B class. We attract all levels from total newbie to US Team members. A
"run what you brung" approach works for us.

Check out http://home.att.net/~g.t.a.race/

If you don't have anything like this in your area, organize it.

Hartley Falbaum
USA