Old May 13th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Fowler flaps?

Hi John.. can you suggest a link with a good illustration/ plans,
please (anything is welcome)... looking for anything right about
now.... I've been told by someone who has built and flown a 2+2 from a
PA-22 (certified Aircraft Mechanic) that the limitations of this
airplane as a bush plane is not it's capability of taking off and
getting out of small lakes, but rather landing and finally touching
down after flare out.... with Super Cub wings installed, this thing is
a kite and seems to take forever to finally touch down...

He claims with a system like a fowler not so much is the change in
stall speed important but rather a steeper approach so flaring as close
to the downwind end of the lake/ obstacle is possible... This will
provide better nose down attitude for vision also...

The gentleman mentioned above and myself are now building a pair of
sister airplanes together in the same shop... I'm trying to gather a
little research on the flap dilemma while he shows me how to build the
rest of a 2+2...

I welcome ANY and ALL advice regarding this subject...

TJ