Old October 13th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default More political BS .... Thanks CNN

writes:

The general aviation corridors around Manhattan have been “the Wild West,”
said Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y. He and Sen. Charles Schumer said anyone
flying near the island should be under the supervision of air traffic
controllers, especially in the post-Sept. 11 era.

“A smart terrorist could load up a small, little plane with biological,
chemical or even nuclear material and fly up the Hudson or East rivers, no
questions asked,” said Schumer, D-N.Y. “I hope this will be a wake-up call
to the FAA to re-examine flight patterns, which, amazingly enough, they
haven’t done since 9/11.”

Putting small aircraft under mandatory air traffic control would have
absolutely no effect at all on the risk of terrorism.

New York’s Republican governor, George Pataki, also said the Federal
Aviation Administration “needs to take a much tougher line” about private,
or general aviation, flights over the city.

Except when the flights are transporting him, I presume.