Old December 13th 19, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Time for a new US Schempp-Hirth Rep?

On Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 11:43:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:
The SH parts department is a very helpful and responsive group to work with. I’m positive you did not reach out directly to them. If you do, they’ll respond quickly and if it’s something smaller that doesn’t need to be shipped in some big crate, you can probably get it pretty quickly. None of the prices I have ever been quoted by SH have been unreasonable.

Hmmm, must be bad luck for me. I've never been able to get a single part directly from them. I have been referred to SH Germany and that wasn't productive either. And I've definitely never been given a quote for anything even though I have asked specifically. As one example, I sent an email and requested a part that was pretty critical to operating the glider. Since I didn't know the exact name of the part and there could be confusion as to the specific part I needed I sent photo of the broken part I had. I got no response to that email ever. I've made other requests, I still do not have that part.